Since the end date for SLOG is before the exam date, I
thought I should provide my current plan for how I am going to study for the
exam.
I think it is much simpler to study for this exam if we were
to break it up into 5 parts:
1) General basic knowledge
·
This will be done by mainly relying on the
lecture notes and studying the slides
·
You also can’t underestimate the additional
notes that were posted on the website
·
I also found from previous tests that some basic
searches online helps a lot to understand the topics better
·
Don’t worry too much on small details/facts
because most questions on the past tests have been conceptual and based on a
idea (all word questions for basic knowledge part
·
If the exam is anything like test 2, then this
section is very critical as half of the marks from test 2 was based on general
knowledge on lecture notes and additional notes that were posted on the website
2) Calculations
·
Although this is 100 level course and there aren't many calculations that has to be done, there are still some calculations
within the course such as the binary to decimal and vise-versa
·
Since you know if the exam is anything like the
past tests, it will have the general knowledge questions (usually word
questions) then couple of calculation question that may have to do with Dr.Racket
codes or just basic calculations we learned from the course such as Boolean outputs
3) Coding (Dr.Racket)
·
This section is probably what is viewed as most
difficult component of the test, however I think this is perhaps the easiest
·
First of all, we had a lot of time to deal with
all the functions that would be mentioned on the test since we had tutorial and
quiz every week that we had to prepare for
·
Secondly, professor told us that if we do not
know a specific function and how it works, we can ask for that. Thus, we
shouldn’t have any problem with a specific definition that we are not familiar
with. Which implies that the only thing we have to worry about is the concept
behind these functions and its capabilities
·
Lastly, in order to get more familiar with
Dr.Racket, I am planning to re-do all the recommended questions and mainly
focus ones that has answers as well so I can always double check if I did the
coding correctly, rather than expecting that I did
Make sure to look over past exams and our previous quizzes
which will give us a huge hint on how the exam will be formatted.
Good luck studying everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment