Hi, I just wanted to provide an update on my Wikipedia project and give a brief run down of what I did.
I decided to take on the task of adding links to other sites in order to de-orphan an article. My article is on 55th Guksu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/55th_Guksu), which is one of the tournament for Go. Go is an ancient board game that originated from China. It is very difficult game to master and thus there are huge skill gap between amateurs and professional Go players. Therefore, tournaments such as Guksu (one of Korean Go tournament) are very popular in Asia.
At first, I started by checking if '55th Guksu' had any hyper-linked "related topics", which would simplify things and make my task much easier at finding related articles that I can link my article to. However, I was unable to find any hyper-linked "related topics", thus I decided to search a bit about Guksu and the game Go in general to get a better understanding of this tournament.
The first article I visited was 'Go', but I was unsuccessful in finding an appropriate place to add my link for 55th Guksu. Thus, I changed my plan and decided to search for Guksu. Luckily, in the article for Guksu, there were history of title holders. Thus, I decided to link the 2011 Guksu, which is the 55th Guksu. I also decided to search the name of the 55th Guksu champion and linked 55th Guksu under his history as well. Finally, I managed to find the runner-up for 55th Guksu and decided to to link the 55th Guksu under his achievements since being a runner-up on a big tournament like Guksu is a very huge accomplishment as a professional Go player.
Once I finished with linking my article, I finally got rid of the orphan template as it no longer satisfies the condition to be in orphan template.
No comments:
Post a Comment